3. Formulation of detailed guidelines regarding modalities for grant of APA was under consideration of the Nodal Department viz. Department of Personnel and Training (DoP&T).
4. After detailed deliberations with this Ministry, guidelines have now been issued by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Personnel & Training (DoP&T) vide their OM No.2/13/2017-Estt. (Pay.11) dated 08.08.2018 for newly proposed Additional Post Allowance (APA).
5. The above mentioned OM of Department of Personnel & Training (DoP&T) relating to grant of Additional Post Allowance (APA) will apply mutatis-mutandis to Railway employees also. These provisions of APA shall be effective from 01.07.2017.
6. Advance Correction slip to the chapter XI of the Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Voll Revised Edition, 1989 will follow.
7. Hindi version will follow.
8. Please acknowledge receipt.